On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Don't forget that you can use the MAC address in the lts.conf file.
>
> for example:
>
>  [00:50:49:00:10:0A]
>     XSERVER   = auto
>     RUNLEVEL  = 5

This could be quite handy. I didn't realise it worked like that.

Is it possible to somehow configure groups of machines in lts.conf?

I've got several groups of identical hardware types.
Say, 40 machines configured one way.
30 of something else and so on.

At the moment I'm having to add each machine separately (by hostname) like
this even though they are the same:

[bay1]
    SMODULE_01          = uart401
    SMODULE_02          = sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1
    SMODULE_03          = opl3

[bay2]
    SMODULE_01          = uart401
    SMODULE_02          = sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1
    SMODULE_03          = opl3
[bay30]
    SMODULE_01          = uart401
    SMODULE_02          = sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1
    SMODULE_03          = opl3

Ideally having something like:

[PC type 1]
   XSERVER = XF86_SVGA

[PC type 2]
  XSERVER = auto
  MODULE_01 = agpgart
and so on....

and then a way of defining which type each machine is.
I'm not really sure how this bit of the scripts works.

--
Phil Davey
Computer Officer