On Sat, 8 Jun 2002 12:28:26 +0800, "Stephen Liu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I did try removing the bootable floppy and inserted another floppy.  But I was
> not allowed to mount the floppy.

    Yeah, when you "mount /dev/floppy", you're actually mounting the server's floppy.
It's an odd perspective-thing, but you get used to it.  Just for simplicty (once you
work out the RSA, no-passwords SSH, this'll make more sense) you can run "ssh ws01
mount /dev/floppy" or similar, and it'll work.

> Yes, I would use a netbootable card finally.  At this stage I only test the
> stability of the boot ROM.  However a floppy is not an ideal storage medium
> because of its limited storage capacity.

    What I was suggesting (without muddying the waters) was to buy a bunch of network
cards in a batch, then put in netroms.  Buying them on your own is expensive- I paid
$90 for ONE card...and it was only an NE2000.  (!) ($12 otherwise...)

> >     If you're using the Jammin 125's, they have a USB port on'em, and you
> > can get those cool USB-memory-sticks...up to 1G each!  There's some
> > software support you have to do, but it can be worked out.  I'm going to do
> > this as soon as I get one of each...
>
> What is Jammin 125's ??  I tried browsing
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ltsp/

    Nope.  See http://www.DisklessWorkstations.com.  Nice place!

Brian Fahrländer              Linux Zealot, Conservative, and Technomad
ICQ  5119262
AOL: WheelDweller
Yahoo: WheelDweller           Me: http://www.kamakiriad.com/aboutme.html