> This is ok for a process that just explodes it's memory consumption. Has
> anyone implemented a script that checks if a user i logged on and kills
> any outstanding programs if not? I would guess there's some tuning
> needed so you don't shutt down root progs etc, but it would be _very_
> handy! Tarjei

You could put a call to "slay" in the xdm logout script (don't remember the
name). This kills every program of the user after he logged out.

Caution:

- exclude root (some people even log on as root on a workstation), since
otherwise all processes on the server would be killed
- Only one login at a time is possible if you do it like this.

I did this some time ago, and it works well.

Georg