On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 12:29:46 -0400 (EDT), [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Michel,
>
> Are you talking about using X windows, or do you just
> want a char telnet session ?
>
> If you don't want X, then you just need to set
> RUNLEVEL = 4
> and take a look at the lts.conf.readme file for the other
> parameters for specifying the machine you want to connect to.

    Oh, yeah- if you ARE running X, it's possible to "rsh" onto the SCO box and then
tell it to connect to itself; this is one of the ways that you can get around the
SCOANSI problem.  (Yeah, I'm kinda proud of that...it was my own idea.)

    One such box is still running like this at Lee Lumber in Chicago.  When she heard
that the whole Linux idea might be trashed up there, the operator, a sweet-but-tough
account-type person came into my boss's office where we were talking about it and said
"PLEASE don't make me go back to Windows. I love this arrangement, and the ability to
keep working when the others are all screwed up."

    I couldn't have been prouder.  :)

Brian Fahrländer              Linux Zealot, Conservative, and Technomad
ICQ  5119262