Il giorno Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Carlos Álvarez M così ha scritto:

|From: Carlos Álvarez M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 08:58:47 -0500
|Subject: [Ltsp-discuss] LTSP with two NICs
|
|Hi, i have a server with LTSP and all works fine.
|
|Now, I want to configure another NIC card. My idea is to use one card for DHCP, DNS,
|NFS and the other for LTSP, XFS. ¿Is that possible?
|
|I install the card, but when the workstation boots it hangs.

  Do you intend to put two cables between the server and each workstation?
What a mess!  What for?
  What do you mean by having one card do DHCP, DNS and NFS and another doing
LTSP and XFS?  LTSP = DHCP+TFTP+NFS+X+whatever the workstation needs from the
server.  LTSP is not a particular, individual service that can be separated
from all the others.  It's a system, not a service!

  Sandro

--
Bellum se ipsum alet.
       La guerra nutre se stessa.