Shane

On Friday 05 July 2002 22:52, Shane Kennedy wrote:
> My appologies for appearing a complete moron, but I extracted the
> initrd_kit, ran ./buildk, and got
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-3custom is missing.
> then
> I ran
> make modules_install
> but, not surprisingly got 'no rule ....'
>

> Where do I go from here ?

It may be that you have not compiled the kernel properly before applying the
buildk script.

Did you build a kernel before running the script? You should do someting like
this to a 2.4.18 kernel source from kernel.org:

copy the config-2.4.18-ltsp-1 file from the initrd kit to your kernel source
dir and name it .config

then do the following

make mrproper
make xconfig
make dep
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install

Now you are ready to run the buildk script.

Let me know if this fails for you.
Are you sure you cannot use the ltsp stock kernel that's available from
download section?

\Niels