With a little bit of work, you should be able to utilize the changes
made to the ENBD project (that stands for Enhanced Network Block Device)
to access your local CDROM and Floppy drives.  You will need to download
the NBD-based contrib from Robert Stanford and replace the nbd-client
and nbd-server binaries with the ENBD ones.  There are command-line
 options that will need to be changed in some of his scripts when
running the ENBD binaries vs. the older NBD binaries.

If you would like to contribute to the ENBD project, you can find
information on how to send the author of the project donations at:
 http://www.pcxperience.com/enbd

Basically, the author of the ENBD project added ioctl and other support
for CDROM and Floppy devices.  This allows transparent usage of local
devices from the server.

P.S.  To anyone who pledged to donate money and has not yet sent it,
please do.  (Just a friendly reminder)  :)

--
Jason A. Pattie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

believed to be clean.