Jim and all other contributors,

I have just set up an LTSP server running SuSe 8.0 Personal edition (because
I did not realise it was only half a distro and have to wait a few weeks for
Professional edition), and although I had to fix a few things manually and
download some of the required packages from the SuSE FTP site, the
installation was absolutely straightforward.

Things have come a hell of a long way since the last time I installed a
server. I cannot even remember the version number of the last server I
installed, I think it was pre 2.0, and to say something about the stability,
it has been in use every day since the initial installation, which was done
almost 3 years ago! That server in fact, last rebooted on January 12 2001
because we had a power outage, and I think the time before that was when it
migrated from South Africa to Switzerland in July 2000.

I was very surprised in that I managed to do the entire installation of LTSP
3 and all of the associated updates onto SuSE, and managed to get a terminal
to login and run Star Office, play sound etc., without even having to reboot
the server - (Windoze administrators take note!).

More power to your efforts - keep up the great work.

Regards

Hamish Guthrie
Guthrie Consulting
Buglgrond 86