I'm trying ltsp for the 1st time
Eaven my distro (Conective 7.0) not showing up as supporte i've been able to
generate apropriate templates, run ltsp_initialize, generate a boot disk for my
test workstation/nic and got all needed service to run.
1st try:
When I tried to boot the workstation (ws001) I got a lot of dots printed on the
screen. Is this a normal display when downloading the initrd thru tftp ?
Then the stations tries to boot, wher it gets access denyed to mount the root.
At the serve I got a log saying:
Jul 24 18:10:21 server rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
192.168.10.1:688 for /opt/ltsp/i386 (/opt/ltsp/i386)

My /etc/hosts.allow was setup by ltsp_initialize with:

bootpd:         0.0.0.0
in.tftpd:       192.168.10.
portmap:        192.168.10.

2nd try:
I added to hosts.allow:
ALL:     ALL

After rebooting, now the ws001 could mount his root. But what should be the
right permission to put in /etc/hosts.allow ? (rpc.mountd:   192.168.10. ??)

In the sequens of the boot I got an other error
syslogd: cannot write to remote file handle on 192.168.10.254

I've never used remote logging, so I didn't know if I need to configur something
at the server to allow remot logging and must skiped the apropriate instruction
in the ltsp documentation. How does I fix this error ?

As I pretend to use also caracter workstations (run level 4) I presumed that I
need to install telnet-server on the server and include in /etc/hosts.allow
in.telnetd:    192.168.10.
Is this corret ?

In run level 3 I notice that /oldroot is still mounted in /dev/rd/0 (using ram).
Is this intended for debugging purpos or is ther something rong in my instalation ?

Thanks,

Alex