Adrian D'Costa wrote:

>>Yes, you could mount them with ENBD, but to what end?  What data would
>>

>Now this word ENBD is gettting famous and curious to me ;)

Stands for the Enhanced Network Block Device.  What it does is allow a
kernel running on machine A to access and utilize block device resources
on machine B over a network connection.  So on machine B, you have
resources like floppies, CDROMs, hard disk partitions, files, etc. that
you want to make available to machine A.  On machine B you run the
nbd-server pointing it to the resource you desire to export.  On machine
A you run nbd-client to connect an node (say /dev/nda) to that exported
resource.  Then, on machine A you can do anything you can normally do to
a real block device, and the actions are actually performed to the
resource on machine B (i.e., mount, dd, mke2fs, etc.).

--
Jason A. Pattie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

believed to be clean.