Message: 24
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] DHCP V. 3 support in etherboot rom
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:39:29 +0100
From: Peter Lister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> We tried it with the Vendor Id but we did not get the results that
>> we were expecting, I am not sure if it is something we are doing
>> wrong or else. The User class has more flexibility and that is why
>> we wanted to use it.

>OK - so what results *were* you expecting? It would help everyone if
> you could describe what you are trying to do.

In the Windows DHCP Server I have two scopes, scope1 does not have the
vendor option enable while scope2 does. I was expecting the TC to get
an IP from scope2 when I used an etherboot disk with the
REQUIRE_VCI_ETHERBOOT parm enabled. This does not happen, it actually
fails to get an IP. It will only work if I reverse the two scopes or if
I add the Vendor option in the server options (global).

=====
Abdullah A. Al-Humaid