Yes, the same machine when useing the local disk boots fine and gets an
ip via DHCP as I stated below.

The message we see is the "search for DHCP server". We are using
tcpdump from another linux server on the same subnet but we can't see
the broadcast from the client.

Does the client have to be on the same subnet as the DHCP server? are
there any additional packets. The switch (gateway) on the same subnet
as the client is forwarding the DHCP requests.

>Can other dhcp clients contact the DHCP server?  If not, the problem
>has nothing to do with your client configuration.
>Run the Network Monitor on the DHCP server to determine if DHCP server

>is receiving the DISCOVERY packets from the client.
>Is this a DHCP issue or is it TFTP-related?  What message is displayed

>on the client?

>> "Humaid, Abdallah A" wrote:
>>Ok, we are done testing in our small env. (1 network Switch, 1 TC, 1
>>LTSP, 1 Win2k DHCP SRVR), everything works well. Now we want to go to
>>the production env.

>>First problem we face now is that the TC does not communicate with
the
>>Production Win2k DHCP server. We are using the same boot image disk
as
>>the one used above. So what is wrong?

The TC has a built-in RH73 installation as well and when I boot it up
(I
use DHCP as well) everything works fine. Are there any parms in the
boot
disk that I have to enable or disable?

Thanks