On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 03:29:34PM +0300, Abdullah A. Al-Humaid wrote:
> An additional DHCP server is just out of the question. Our clients will be
> scattered across the network in different subnets, a dhcp server in every
> location a client exist is not worth it.
> Is this a limitation with the LTSP diskless client or are all diskless
> clients the same?

DHCP is the standard way to boot diskless clients, yes.

An alternative is to load the kernel locally, but having the rest (NFS
root and display managers/applications) served from a LTSP server. The
kernel can be loaded from a floppy or from a local harddisk. Not quite
diskless though.

--

Hans Ekbrand