Jim / James,

I have folowed James' directions and advice. I have Read the Full Manual
and folowed all the instructions.
Paths are default. No links to anywhere. I'm using the default kernel
that comes with your kernel pakage (not core pakage like I said before).
I did not use mknbi at any time....

But I still have a problem. I get a kernel panic message:

"Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:00"

I don't know if it will help, but few lines before this message, there
is a line telling ramdisk is ok:

"RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 4096K size 1024 blocksize"

What can you tell me now?

Thanks. And sorry if I am too bore. :-)

--
Alex G Robertson