Hi!

Today at our LUG meeting we tried to set up an old
ISA/VLB(non-PCI) 486 PC as an LTSP Client - without success.

I think the problem is located in the initrd,
because scanning of

/proc/bus/pci/devices

fails - there is no PCI Bus or Controller.

After taht the script is acting like I have no
option-128  & option-129   in my dhcp.conf
but I do have them, it works well with
ISA-Cards in other PCs with ISA+PCI Bus.

did someone have the same or different experience ?

Is it maybe possible to switch off the pci-scan
with another dhcp-option ?

or maybe we can first check if there is a "NIC="
Option and do the PCI-scan only if there is no
such option.

Greetings,
Martin Herweg