Hi,

I am new here!
I have a Thin Client without disk and use PXE to boot from the (Linux)
server.

I downloaded for it the bpbatch package and could make a nice menu,
where as next I want to load the Linux OS.

I put into the bpbatch script just the lines:

Set CacheNever="ON"
LinuxBoot "vmlinuz" "ramdisk_size=32000 root=/dev/ram3"

but for testing I just switch from the script into Interactive mode and
type in the two lines above,
on the Thin Client I see:

Interacitve eval, line 1: WARNING: Memory blocks have not been freed

Error in Interactive eval, line 1: Invalide kernel image

If I use the script, I get the same errors.

I have setup NFS to export to the (internal) LAN /tftpboot
/tftpboot    192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0(rw,insecure)

I run for both files I downloaded the install scipt, whereby I changed
the CONFIG to:

ltsp_core:
LTSP_DIR=/home/test/ltsp

TFTP_DIR=/tftpboot

TMPL_DIR=${LTSP_DIR}/templates
LOGFILE=/home/test/ltsp-tmp/ltsp.install.log
LIBFILE=/home/test/ltsp-tmp/ltsp.libs
SWAP_DIR=/tftpboot/ltsp/swapfiles
ROOT_DIR=${LTSP_DIR}/i386

What do I miss?
I know that there is a possible third parameter for LinuxBoot (ramdisk
file), but I don't know which one ???

I am sure it is easy, .... but it is my very first try!

bye

Ronald

--

Ronald  Wiplinger, Technical Director