On Wednesday 25 September 2002 3:13 pm, Joseph wrote:
> I would be interested in hearing what everyone thinks is best for a ltsp
> window manager.
For our setup (120 LTSP stations in a school already running over 200 Windows
boxes) we were trying to acheive something with the closest look and feel we
could get to Windows. We nearly got all the way there with KDE, but in the
end we had to drop it on the grounds of resource consumption. We've settled
on ICEwm with the XP theme. Although short of the odd bell an whistle, it's
extremely easy to clamp things down so that the users can't mess around with
it, and presents a minimum of issues for users migrating between it an
windows boxes.

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll