On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 10:15:46AM +0200, Andreas Schlager wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> a question:
>
> I have a bunch of X-Clients running in my network.

X clients is commonly used to denote applications connected to a
Xserver, admittedly the conepts are somewhat confusing.

> I want to configure LTSP in that way, that the thin clients running a
> X-server connects to one of f.e. three X-clients.

Oh, by X-clients you mean application servers that offer a
display manager, right?

> I don't want to use
> the broadcast, because maybe the thin-client connects to a wrong x-
> client.

-broadcast is intended to give a random server
-query <ip.of.the_right.one> will let you decide wich one to use.

But ltsp will by default use -query, so what is the problem?

In /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.local the following lines is where you should
change if you want a different behaviour.

    if [ -w /proc/progress ]; then
        echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/${XBINARY} ${ACC_CTRL} -query ${XDM_SERVER} >/dev/tty3
2>&1" >/tmp/start_ws
    else
        echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/${XBINARY} ${ACC_CTRL} -query ${XDM_SERVER}"
>/tmp/start_ws
    fi

Good Luck!

--