On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 00:42, prakash modak wrote:

> Hi david,
>
>    I want login prompt for diskless node. how will i get that in
> runlevel 3,, my diskless server is working perfect for graphical
> login but i want to give only shell prompt for some users...
Prakash,
you should post questions like this on the ltsp-discussion list, so
everyone can take advantage of the answers.

If you read the documentation, you will see that:
-runlevel 3 is for debugging
-runlevel 4 is for text mode
-runlevel 5 is for graphical mode

Runlevel 3 is only useful for testing problems with the terminal.  Don't
leave regular (public) terminals in runlevel 3; it is a security risk.

-David