Hi,

I use ssh to do the authentication and launch X. Only nfs isn't tunneled.
Is it that kind of solution that you want ?

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 02:15:59PM -0400, Barry Newman wrote:
> Still searching for a way to secure the transport layer down to the client
> (before authentication). Anyone thought on this problem or better yet solved
> it ? The criteria for a project of mine is encryption point to point. Sense
> the point between client and server are not secure it dosen't matter if your

It is not secure, but it is nfs read only. The only issue seems to me man in
the middle attack providing bad binaries over nfs.

> ssh'ing or using openssl your connection between your terminal and server
> are always clear text. Thanks in advance for any thoughts and/or assistance.

Why is it clear text ? If ssh/openssl is running on the client things are
encrypted between client and server.

Pat