Il giorno Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Anthony A. Tanbakuchi cosė ha scritto:

|From: Anthony A. Tanbakuchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 18:37:03 -0400
|Subject: [Ltsp-discuss] How to check for NFS support in kernel.
|
|I compiled the kernel myself (2.4.18) under debian Woody

  I did the same.  I'll try running a stock kernel from the intallation CD to
see if that solves the problem.  But I'll miss the Debian logo at startup!  :-)

| and did select
|the nfs server support & NFS file system support both with NFSv3
|support.  However, is there a way that I can check (perhaps a command)
|to see if it is really in the kernel?

aselli@aselli ~$ grep nfs /proc/filesystems
nodev   nfs

|I'm not sure what I have done wrong.  But it seems I am missing the nfs
|kernel support by checking rpcingo
|
|ipt:/home/aat8786# rpcinfo -p XTermServer.rit.edu
|   program vers proto   port
|    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
|    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
|    100011    1   udp    792  rquotad
|    100011    2   udp    792  rquotad
|    100011    1   tcp    795  rquotad
|    100011    2   tcp    795  rquotad
|    100024    1   udp   1024  status
|    100024    1   tcp   1024  status
|    100005    1   udp   1025  mountd
|    100005    1   tcp   1025  mountd
|    100005    2   udp   1025  mountd
|    100005    2   tcp   1025  mountd
|
|No nfs listed.
|
|much thanks
|
|Anthony Tanbakuchi

  As soon as someone finds out what's wrong with nfsd in Debian Woddy with
self-made kernel compiled out of the Debian sources, please let everyone know.
Even if the Debian kernel sources are found not to be the cause of the problem.

  Sandro

--
Bellum se ipsum alet
       La guerra nutre se stessa