> Hello Romain,
> I think I have a problem which might possibly similar to yours.
> My laptop is running with SuSE 7.3 and the connection to my server is via
> 3Com Ethernet PCMCIA Card (3C562d) is no problem. But when I try to use a
> ltsp boot floppy there is no dhcp-request coming to the server, but the
> network interface is correctly found as 3C589. So I think this is ok, but I
> don“t know why there is no request coming to the server.

In my case, the switch is slow to detect : it has a orange led when it
detects a link, and the led becomes green when autoconfiguration is
completed ; but the dhcp request has failed meantime. It deosn't fail
with the standard workstations : they do wait for the swith ....

> Please can you tell me something about your changes in lilo.conf and what you
> did with the files on your floppy because afterwards (when the card is
> running under ltsp) I want to use a bootmenu for choosing between win“98,
> linux local and ltsp.

mkdir /boot/ltsp
cp /mnt/floppy/* /boot/ltsp

In /etc/lilo.conf, add this :

image=/boot/ltsp/vmlinuz
        label=ltsp
        root=/dev/hda6          <--- the partition on which is /boot
        initrd=/boot/ltsp/initrd.img
        append="init=/linuxrc rw root=/dev/ram0"

then launch lilo.
The last line is a pure invention of mine ; I created it from
/mnt/floppy/syslinux.cfg and my existing lilo.conf.

Romain Surleau.