Klaus Joerissen wrote:
hello all,
I have a notebook (pentium 133 with 24 MB Ram, 30 GB harddisk) which is
 normaly running under windows ´98 when I´m working with staroffice. There is
 also SuSE 7.3 on this machine but using X-Windows is terribly slow (but it
 is running without errors). When I´m at home, I want to connect the notebook
 via ltsp to our server. The notebook has a 3com PCMCIA Combi-card (3c562d)
 with ethernet and modem function. When I´m working under Linux there is no
 problem getting connected to the network.

I installed the wireless package on a floppy-disk but on this way I can´t get
 a connection to the network allthough I think the card is recognized
 correctly.  Here are the messages:
[snip]

Any ideas?
How can I get the modul serial_cs into the kernel?
Is there another way to use the X-server on the server-machine (because there
 a running linux system on the notebook)?
Cause you are already running Linux on the notebook, which runlevel do you use? I guess you're using runlevel 5 to start a local X-server running Gnome or KDE, right?

With SuSE Linux there is a "X-Terminal"-package. Install this package using Yast and edit the rc.config file to specify which X-Client to use. After setup, this X-Terminal configuration starts the local X-Server (runlevel 4) and connects to your host via "-query <hostname>" option.

This is the configuration I used before I got knowlegde of the LTSP project.

HTH
Achim

P.S.:
I'll send you a detailed message in german language via E-Mail.