On 24 Oct 2002 01:17:42 -0600, Tom Lisjac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >   I have my own schema for LDAP, that stores the login, name, password
> >   and mail directory. If the home dir already exists, adding pam_ldap to
> >   the auth entry of /etc/pam.d/system-auth allows a login, but I think
> >   pam_mkhomedir needs more in LDAP, or one of the account/session pam
> >   entries is missing what it needs out of LDAP.
>
> It would be helpful to see your system-auth file... would you mind
> posting it?

    Yes, please!  I've had trouble getting ldap configured.  I can find all kinds of
tools to _maintain_ it, but nothing to create it, and nothing working.  I have 3-4
machines here in the house, and when the kids come over I have to give up my
'QuakeStation' machine and the other daughter gets on the one upstairs and it's
"What's my password again?" time.

    And anything you find, any working mechanism (prudently disguised so as to insure
security) would make a wonderful addition to google to help other people like me.  I
know there are several people, just right here in town, that need this.

    Maybe you could detail the layout, and then change the passwords or something?

Brian Fahrländer              Linux Zealot, Conservative, and Technomad
ICQ  5119262