Thanks for your GREAT answers.
All I can say is we have some great folks on this mailing list.

I looked at icewm and agree that that is a good way to go. However I also
like the candy with the kde desktop. What if I wanted to use kde/rh8.0 for
the user? Would resources be extremely worse etc? Kde should have a way to
control the default menu as well???
--

respectfully, Joseph