On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:31:19 -0400 (EDT), [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Very interesting adventure that you are embarking on.

    Yeah, I had the choice between being known as 'that guy that used to be married to
Linda" or something else....and I researched all the dreams I once had, and decided to
go with one of'em.  :)  I'm too old to be a fighter pilot, don't have the guts to be a
black-hat, and nowhere NEAR smart enough to be a spy, so this is it.

> LTSP 3.0 with ISA network cards requires the NIC=xx to be passed
> to the kernel.
>
> So, one option is to upgrade your bootrom.

    I've thought of that; maybe I can get a bios upgrade for that chip; it might even
be cheaper and easier to deal with...

> Take a look at this doc:
>
>     http://www.ltsp.org/contrib/etherboot-etherboot.txt

    Did that; no change.  I'm not sure what the heck is wrong, but I want to start
with the same kinda hardware everyone else uses and not have to futz with it.  I might
just go with a new card, eventuallly...

    Thanks!

Brian Fahrländer              Linux Zealot, Conservative, and Technomad
ICQ  5119262