Fredag den 1. november 2002 19:07 skrev rob apodaca:
> On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:00:34 +0100
>
> Morten Therkildsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > First mail for this list.
> >
> > Im newbie to ltsp, and im setting up an ltsp (10-12 clients) with the nic
> > in subject. For free I got 17 nic's (j2585B) and a switch from HP - 2.
> > hand of course.
> >
> > How can I make an boot-floppy for my clients with this nic?
> > - when I run drakServTerm I cant see the nic on the list.
> >
> > The server have the nic installed as well and it works.
> >

> > Morten Therkildsen
> > Denmark
> > - LTSP: Mandrake 9.0, 1GB DDR-ram
>
> I think you might be confusing Mandrake's Terminal Server Solution with
> Linux Terminal Server Project...they are not the same.

Sorry.. I did not know that there where a drifference. Thanks.
It is LTSP I want to use.

> Assuming you are in fact intending to use LTSP, you need to go to
> www.rom-o-matic.net to produce your boot-rom.

I know that site, and my nic is not listed in the select-box, so I guess that
I have to "build" my own boot-rom.

> I am not familiar with the nic's that you specify (somebody else??).
> It might be useful to know what module your server is using.
> On the server Do:
> cat /etc/modules

> Look for the eth0 module. Use it to determine what boot rom you need.
Im not at my server right now... but as I remember hp100 is listed just right
to eth1.
I do know that the driver is hp100 (is it the same as you call a module?). My
problem is, that I dont have (can't find) the right information to configure
a boot-rom at: http://www.rom-o-matic.net/5.0.4/

My server have this nic (with the hp100-driver) installed at eth1, so I guess
that I can finde the information somewhere on the server. But where????

Can anyone help me here....? Please

Morten Therkildsen
LTSP: Mandrake 9.0