John Simovic wrote:

> Just a query I have. Our schools has been donated a SUN FIRE v880
> server with 4 cpus and 4 GIG Ram. WOW I know you are all saying. I
> really know nothing about Solaris and don’t want to learn and I was
> wondering whether I could install Debian, SUSE or GENTOO and get it
> delivering LTSP sessions to intel based clients? Any ideas are more
> than welcome?
>
> Regards

I have installed LTSP on one of my alphas and used it to server intel
clients. I think it may even be possible to get LTSP running on an NT
server so long as you have NFS and the approprate DHCP/BOOTP

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)785-4051
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)785-3668