On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Pol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need your help, since i am rather new to diskless workstations
> I succeeded in booting a remote kernel and kdm graphical login works
> properly, accessing to my remote desktop
> Yet everything is very slow. Kdm mask takes several tens of seconds
> to be displayed on the xterminal. The same of evry graphical
> application on the desktop.
> Could it be due to the ipmasq?
> I am running on a debian/unstable.

If you are getting things working at all, then it is likely
NOT an ipmasq problem.

My guess is a DNS or /etc/hosts problem.

Make sure your workstation is listed in the /etc/hosts file,
or make sure you've got it setup properly in your dns tables,
along with the proper reverse.  There are several services that
want to map the IP address back to a hostname.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]