Thank you for the links, they were very informative. I will try them in about 2 or 3 weeks, when the semester is finished.

Jason

From: pedro noticioso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jason Dravet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] questions about ltsp
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:39:17 -0800 (PST)

--- Jason Dravet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am the network administrator for a department at a
> university.  I am
> looking into using thin clients and terminal servers
> to make my life easier
> and I came across the ltsp and had some questions.
>
> 1.  Instead of having the client start a Xwindows
> session, can the client be
> setup to use rdesktop instead?

This add-on to lts might help 8)
http://www.wilisystem.com/

 Yes I will be using
> Windows 2000 terminal
> servers, soon to be Windows .NET servers (when it
> gets released).  I am
> forced this way due to university and department
> policies.
>
> 2.  The students save their data on 250MB zip
> drives.  Does LTSP support
> mapping the local drive to the server, so the
> students can still use the zip
> drives to save their data.

There is a floppy drive contribution, the only
difference in your case will be the type of the device
you are giving access to 8)
http://www.ltsp.org/contrib/LTSP_FLOPPY.html

Please don’t suggest
> giving the student’s a home
> directory and having the student’s ftp to and from
> that directory.  The idea
> has been suggested and dismissed by the powers that
> be.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jason

> The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months
> FREE*

> For additional LTSP help,   try #ltsp channel on
irc.openprojects.net

http://mailplus.yahoo.com