On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 10:39:48AM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On 04 Dec 2002 11:28:10 +0100
> Jesper Berth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am about to update my ltsp envoriment to RH 8.0 can i just use the
> > Update feature on the redhat cd or should i reinstall it from scratch.
> >
> > If i reinstall witch files shall i save so my users wont disapear ..

> Jesper-
>   I have notice that alot of stuff in ltsp breaks in redhat 8. Why not just but date
>the RPM'S you need and not do a full blown upgrade with out need( that is so windows
>:))

Indeed. That's why I use Debian, which always[1] can be upgraded (from a
different location using ssh, if I want to) while daemons (www, pop,
smtp ... ) just continue to serve requests, and users continue to do
their work.[2] That is so NOT windows :-)

[1] This features as been in Debian since version 2.0 (released in
februari 1999)

[2] users logged in via the display-manager must log out though (but
users using X over ssh can contiue), since restarting the
display-manager will kill their sessions.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GnuPG key: 1024D/7050614E (currently active subkey 03CE8884)