On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 04:53:49PM -0800, pedro noticioso wrote:

[...]

> so this goes to a new question, is it possible to give
> gdm terminal login screens, the "turn computer off"
> option found only on the servers login screen?

Understand that the display-manager runs on the server, and will
therefore only be able to shutdown the server. Unless you want your
users to be able to shutdown your server, you don't want that button
to show up on the terminals.

> and of
> course, this woulndt be complete, without a nice
> little app for the sysadmin, to turn off clients from
> the server, eather via gui front end, shell or even
> web (and in the process clean up the server before
> powering the terminal off) 8D

I don't know about gdm, but kdm has problems if a terminal is simply
shutdown with the powerbutton -as long as no user is logged in at that
terminal.

> That guys, would be cool! 8D

Yes it would, but it would only work on newer terminals (AFAIK only
ATX boxes can shutdown themselves). Besides, shutdown in busybox does
not actually DO anything (at least that is my experience).

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GnuPG key: 1024D/7050614E (currently active subkey 03CE8884)