Pedro,

I think the problem is that when you did 'su' to become
super user, you didn't include the '-' option.  So,
your PATH environment variable isn't set to point to
where the chkconfig command is.

You should get in the habit of doing this:

    su -

To become the super user.  Then, your environment will
be setup properly.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]