Hello all,
  I, unfortunately, bring bad news about LTSP participating in the Press Room at
Linuxworld. It seems that the show organizers feel that it is trying to organize this
too quickly for January's show. The IDG people have a lot on their plate (as you can
imagine) and they don't need one more thing just 30 days before showtime. They are
interested in perhaps arranging for San Francisco (any of you left-coasters
interested) and/or NYC for 2004. I have pasted Brooke's message below.

  Thank you to everyone who has offered hardware, money, and support to this effort.
Even though the press will never know what almost happened, IDG was impressed at the
LTSP Community's willingness to thrown so much at this project.

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Service, Inc.

Brooke's Message:

   Apologies that I was called into a meeting at our planned call time today.
   I have spoken briefly with Pete, and then met with John to discuss the
   operational aspects/considerations for an LTSP media center project.
   Ultimately, it appears that the most important considerations of timing,
   shipping, divvying up roles and some of the high-touch stuff would likely
   put a fairly significant amount of stress on the teams.  It's *great* to
   have the community involved like this, and we really do appreciate it, but
   understand that it might be wise to revisit this for the next time LW is in
   NY.  Pete, thank you very much for your interest and I'd very much like to
   keep in touch.  Dean, thank you very much for setting aside time to speak
   with us and for communicating with John.  John, thank you very much for
   helping navigate.

   Happy holidays, and thank you again!

   Regards,
   Brooke