Some things to thing about for this to work:

o All users browse out of the ltsp server (because that is where the
  browser is), correct?
  So if a workstation provides an internet connection
  back to the server, how will you keep all the users from
  using it? You would need some sort of ip control like ip tables.

o You can set your runlevel to 3 and get ppp working on the client.
  You would need to put the needed ppp, wvdial, etc files on the nfs
  share so you could run it on the client.

o I think I would make a seperate box to do the dialing and then use
  a proxy to control which users could get out like squid.
  You could even setup automatic dialup if you wanted.

Hope this helps!

On Tue, 2002-12-24 at 07:03, vcare wrote:
> Merry Christmas
>
> My query is unsolved , i want to configure Modem on my discloses
> workstation , so i can give power users to browse the internet.
> Help me on this
>
> Regards
> Dinesh K

respectfully, Joseph - (606) 477-2355 x140