Hi,

 I have a workstation (486 66MHz/16Mb/ne 10Base T card) which will not
complete the boot process. I get the following message...

 Running /linuxrc
Mounting /proc
Linuxrc: Installing the 8390 module
Using /lib/modules/net/8390.o

 insmod: not an ELF file
insmod: could not load the module: Not a typewriter

 Error! Failed to install the 8390 driver module!
         Errno=1

 Kernel Panic ! Attempted to kill init!

 Whats going on here? I have other machines of the same spec on my server
 which work fine. I have never seen this before.

 Please help,

 Thanks and happy new year!
 Stephen