I installed LTSP yesterday, used all sections of the troubleshooting chapter.
I can now log in to the remote workstation ok.
When I log out, the screen blinks and gives me a gray background with X.

Does this have anything to do with the line in inittab:
9:5:respawn:/tmp/start_ws ??
There is no start_ws, far as I can tell. Understand from the documentation that it's generated as part of the startup.

thanks...
geoff
--
Geoffrey Dann