It seems that after my local ISP here (not csd.net) today "fixed" a long
standing problem where I couldn't relay outgoing mail via their smtp
server (W2k I believe), they have succeded in mucking it up so that one of
their promo msgs gets sent to "From" addresses taken from many if not all
of my incoming mail msgs.  Sorry for any inconvenience.  An added benefit
is that the spammers are getting confirmation of my local address.