I have successfully deployed a few LTS epos systems using Redhat 7.2 with
touchscreens.
I wish to replace office PCs with diskless terminals, but for other reasons I
wish to use Redhat 8. I have obtained the latest core/kernel/x_core rpms for
LTS3 and gone through the load procedure with which I am now familiar.
However having tried some of the diskless machines which work quite happily
with RH7.2 I have had limited/very little success with RH8. It's obviously in
the X arena as lower run levels seem OK. The notion of using some older
machines is important... so does anyone know what the problem is and, more
importantly, what to do about it.
It throws up messages about:- No devices detected, Fatal server error:, no
screens found
Any help welcome.
Tom
--