Hello all,

I got TrueType support working on both terminal and server as follows:

I copied Microsoft TrueType fonts from C:\WINDOWS\FONTS\*.ttf to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype and to /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype and added

FontPath   "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/truetype"

to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, and then added

FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype/"

to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.setupx too

And I had the beautiful Tahoma and Verdana fonts in KDE!

But the problem was that when I logged in on the server and set all fonts from KDE Control Center to Tahoma, and size to 8, the fonts were perfect size and shape. But then I logged in from terminal and the fonts were small and pixelated. I noticed that if I'd change font sizes from 8 to 11, then terminal shows everything just perfect but then the fonts on the server are pretty large.

Also, when I removed TrueType fonts FontPath from rc.setupx file, then the fonts became readable. They were still small but they weren't pixelated and of course they weren't the same fonts any more. :-)

Something tells me that the problem could be related to something called dpi... dots per inch. That possibly the server and the ltsp terminals are using different dpi setting? But how one would change that for the terminal?

Henno