This is exactly the problem that the vnc-X-session scripts solve.  They
are no longer on the downloads page of the LTSP site, so you can go to
www.pcxperience.org/thinclientdevel (at the bottom of the page) to get
the tarball.  I have not updated it to work with the latest release
version of TightVNC, however (it's actually quite old, comparatively
speaking), but it should still work.

Another way to do this is to use an X container application running on
the application server that all your "client" apps connect to.  Then
your X server running on your terminal can disconnect from it and
reconnect to it and all your X clients come back up on your screen.
I've forgotten what the name of that project is, though.

- --
Jason A. Pattie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

believed to be clean.