Howdy

As far as I know, this problem requires you to create a default case, and then
explicitly define exceptions in lts.conf.

For example if you have 30 workstations with 28 serial mice and two PS/2 mice,
then your lts.conf might look something like this:

[Default]
        SERVER             = 192.168.1.7
        XSERVER            = XF86_SVGA
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "Microsoft"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/ttyS0"
        X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400
        X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 2
        XDM_SERVER         = 192.168.1.7
        USE_XFS            = N
        LOCAL_APPS         = N
        RUNLEVEL           = 5
        SEARCH_DOMAIN      = glenwoodhighschool.co.za

#
# Example of specifying X settings for a workstation
#

[lt01]
        X_MODE_0           = 800x600
        XSERVER            = auto
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "PS/2"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/psaux"
        LOCAL_APPS         = N
        USE_NFS_SWAP       = N
        SWAPFILE_SIZE      = 32m
        RUNLEVEL           = 5

[lt02]
        X_MODE_0           = 800x600
        XSERVER            = XF86_SVGA
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "PS/2"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/psaux"
        LOCAL_APPS         = N
        USE_NFS_SWAP       = N
        SWAPFILE_SIZE      = 32m
        RUNLEVEL           = 5

Let me know is this makes sense.

Warwick Chapman
Managing Member
Thusa Business Support cc
Cell: +27 83 7797094
Fax: +27 31 2055838

-- There are 10 types of people in this world. Those
who understand binary, and those who don't.