I figured out the problem on my own. I put in an entry for bootps into my hosts.allow file and that enabled my other workstation to boot.

I assume that the cards setup by disklessWS.com use a more secure protocol for booting then what I had running on my other machine (I am assuming the difference between bootpd and bootps is some sort of encyrption).

This seems to account for the difference in how the machines operated.

PEter

Peter Resciniti
404-307-8105 - cell
404-325-1711 - home