I am running Debian 2.2.19 for my LTSP server and have compiled a kernel 2.4.18 for the workstation boot image. After compiling, I run buildk to create the boot image and then copy it to the /tftboot/lts/ dir and then make my appropriate changes to the /etc/dhcpd.conf file. The workstation gets it's IP from the DHCP server, downloads the image through TFTP and starts to load the image. It fails at where it is trying to install the drivers for the NIC module. I get the following error:

Running /linuxrc

Mounting /proc

linuxrc: Installing 3c59x

modprobe 3c59x

modprobe: Can't locate module 3c59x

Kernel Panic!!!!

Where is it trying to look for the drivers? I have tried to mimic what LTSP kernel package had setup, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

-Shane