On Wednesday 18 June 2003 22:01, you wrote:
> Hi Jef,
>
> this sounds good. This week I don't have time to play with my EPIA-M Board.
> If you have some hints for me this would be great.  The main idea was to
> replace the X-Server with the newest one , isn't it ?

Ok, everything works now, keyboard problems also solved. I will describe
shortly what i did.
o download the correct xfree version ( XFree86-4.3.99.6.tar.bz2 )
o untar this somewhere ( i use /usr/local )
o modify following in /usr/local/xc/config/cf/site.def
( this is needed because we are kind of crosscompiling )
#define ProjectRoot /usr/X11R6 ( this maybe already ok )
#define EtcX11Directory ProjectRoot/lib

o set environment variable DESTDIR to /opt/ltsp/i386
o issue a make World >& world.log ( in /usr/local/xc )
o get a cup of coffee, compile did take 1 hour on my AMD 1000 Mhz
o backup or move /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/bin and
opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/lib
o before you install, remove/backup the link /opt/ltsp/i386/var
o make install ( will install Xfree bins and libs in opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/)
o remove the created var dir ( opt/ltsp/i386/var ) and recreate link from
above
-> there must be another way in avoiding this , but i did it this way
o check the following dirs
/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/lib/X11 and
/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/lib
For example the file opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app_defaults is a link
pointing to ../../../usr/X11R6....
In the directory /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/lib exists the same file, but there
it is a directory -> remove the link and copy the directory to
/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/lib/X11
Do that with all other links in that directory.
-> there must also be another way,. but again, this works
o modify the link /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/compiled and point it
to /tmp/compiled
o rebuild te /etc/ld.so.cache -> ldconfig -r /opt/ltsp/i386
o modify the lts.conf file for your epia-m thinclient
XSERVER = via
This is it, i hope i didn.t forget something.
Let us know if you got it working.