I am playing with LTSP-4.0, and need help with building kernels.

1) http://www.ltsp.org/lbe-alpha-3.html says:

The LTSP source package doesn't include the kernel sources yet.
We need to be able to build the initrd and the kernels using the same tools as the rest of LTSP.

It looks like the kernel sources are being pulled in, and kernel and initrd are being built.
Is this statement obsolete?
(I am using code from the CVS.)

2) I perform steps neccessary to combine the kernel with initrd and tag for etherboot manually.
Is there any automation for that?

3) I have to use "tulip_old" on my client, but only "tulip" is being built... Is there a way to intervene
in the kernel building process and change the configuration before build - but after the sources are
unpacked and patched?

Thanks!

Leonid Dubinsky