Hello ltsp-discuss-request,

> Basically the whole system hangs...
> )It reaches a point (I am trying to find where) that when a process is
> ran it hangs
> )I had my RH Sysmonitor on and mem usage was at 37% of 3gb, swap 0% of
> 6gb
> )CPU0 and CPU1 were both running between 17% and 59% with and
> occassional spike to 100%
> )Server and thin-clients all at the same time
> )Have not tried to ping the server during the "hang" (Production Server)
> )The only way to recover is to hard boot the sever, once that is done
> all things return to normal.

If the server hangs though, the thin-clients will hang as well because
they are displaying X clients that are on the server, right?

Bad memory, perhaps? (likely)

Bad motherboard/chipset? (search for the motherboard or chipset name
on Google or Google Groups and see if anyone else has the same issues)

(Shot in the dark:) Bad power, perhaps? (Maybe borrow a
line-conditioning UPS from someone)

---
Ian Trider                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ: 34119829  AIM: iantri1  Y!: iantri1
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Today's mildly amusing tagline:
Jury: 12 persons who decide who has the best lawyer.