Hello All!

A preface to explain my environment:  We currently use LTSP to run the Citrix ICA
client.  Our LTSP clients never connect to an X Server other then themselves.  When we
launch Xfree86, instead of connecting to an X Server, we launch a script which waits
for input and then runs the ica client.  I would like to have the option of launching
tn5250 instead.

Tn5250 works fine on our RedHat 7.1 server.  I compiled tn5250 on the server.  Then I
copied it to the ltsp directory.  I ran it to check for libraries that it needed and
then copied them into the ltsp directory as well.  Now when I try to run tn5250 on the
LTSP client I get this error:

 Error opening terminal: xterm

if I try to run xt5250, I get:

 EXEC FAILED!

I experimented a little.  my SHELL environment variable is set to /bin/false by
default.  In order to open an xterm window, I either have to use
 xterm -e /bin/bash
or
 export SHELL=/bin/bash
 xterm.