Hello Mario,

> All my  x-server's and my applikation-server are in the same network
> (192.168.80.XXX).
> Within the network everthing function very well. When I change to another
> xdm-server in the same network it also works.
> But when I change to a xdm-server within another network (192.168.88.XXX)
> only get a the grey screen but no login window.

> Can somebody tell me what I have to do to solve this problem.

Hello Anselm

>Did you set the gateway setting in dhcpd.conf?
I don't think so. I don't have any entry with the string gateway.

dhcpd.conf
     default-lease-time            ...
     max-lease-time                ...

     option  subnet-mask           255.255.255.0
     option  broadcast address           192.168.80.255
     option  routers                     192.168.80.60
     option  domain-name-servers         192.168.80.60
     option  domain-name           "x-anserv.weru.de"
     option  root-path                   "192.168.80.60:/opt/ltsp/i386"

shared network ...
     .
     .
     .

group {
     .
     .
     .

>Is forwarding activated on the host that connects those networks?
I ask our network administrator and he told me that there should be no
problems
to reach the other network?

>Can you ping the client machine from the want-to-be-xdm server?
Yes it's possible.

Best regards,
 Anselm Martin Hoffmeister
 Stockholm Projekt Computer-Service