On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Jim Duda wrote:

> I've installed ltsp-core-3.0.9, ltsp-kernel-3.0.10,
> and ltsp-local_apps-3.0.0.  I'm using a etherboot
> rom on my client.
>
> 1) I don't have a /opt filesystem, so I installed the server
> portion as /usr/local/ltsp.  Anything wrong with using /usr/local ?

No problem, put it anywhere you want, just make sure your
/etc/exports and /etc/dhcpd.conf entries point to the right place.

> 2) My client boots, downloads, etc.  I get one error message which
> I cannot explain.  While attempting to start syslogd, the client states:
>
> cannot write to remote file handle on 90.0.0.254:514

Your syslogd running on your server needs to be configured
to accept remote logging.   Usually with a '-r' option when invoking
syslogd.  Look at your startup script for syslog on the server.

That should take care of it.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]